VISIT RAMPANT404'S NEW SITE:
THE RADISH ROOM

Monday, August 1, 2011

Store will be relaunched soon (paypal SUCKS), also, new pages?

Paypal sucks. Paypal stinks. Paypal is awful and I hate it. If you're a sensible adult with adult interests, DON'T USE PAYPAL.

So as y'all may have guessed from the rant above, paypal and I are going to see different people now. The problem, in short, is that I want my hard-earned money and they don't want to give it to me. Y'see, it turns out that the folks over at paypal don't care for the kind of art I draw. So, they decided the best thing to do would be to close my account, and release my money only after 180 days.

I'll do the math for you. that's 6 FREAKING MONTHS.

I really can't express how frustrating that is. Axing the account is one thing. But freezing the money in it? For half a year? Certain words come to mind. Words like extortion.. theft... coercion... oh, and plain batshit crazy. *sigh* Oh well, better to learn now rather than down the line, right?

The good news is I'm currently getting set up with Alertpay, which is friendly to poor little mom & pop erotica shops like mine. The store will be up and running again very soon, and I apologize for the brief interuption in service. Look forward to an update in the look of the store, too!

Anyway... y'all prolly want some Manoa & Bodacia getting their sexy on, right? Thanks for weathering the rant- here you go!

3 comments:

  1. Sucks to read that you got burned this way, but Paypal has clear to read terms of service and a well established reputation for screwing customers over. Fortunately, there's a pretty large number of artists who went the route you're going with doing adult content. You should definitely get in touch with them and see what information you can use to your benefit. Best of luck to ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really shitty. I can't believe they've got the nerve to hold your money hostage like that! It sounds so childish and unprofessional. Thanks for the heads up, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I feel bad for not warning you but I didn't know you were doing business thru PayPal. They suspended my account for six months too...that was 9 months ago and I'm still suspended, lol...the only difference is they let me pull my cash out first. Again, sorry, if I had known, I would have tried to warn you.

    ReplyDelete